Position: Programmes Lead & Facilitator
Reporting to: CEO
Location: London (Hybrid Working– weekly office days, client meetings and delivery when required)
Contract Type: 6 months
Salary: £24,960 PA (based on Salary £31,200 FTE)
Working Hours: 4 days per week Monday-Thursday 30 hours per week
BUD (Businesses Under Development Limited) is a social enterprise based in London working nationally. We are a vibrant, fast-paced, collaborative and agile team who provide training, facilitation, workshops, consultancy and coaching around Leadership. Our mission is to support leaders for positive change in business and community; disrupting the landscape of leadership to build a fairer society.
We as an organisation hope to initiate a shift in the landscape of corporate leadership and responsibility. Our workshops and programmes are designed to give leaders in all areas of the workforce and community/grassroots organizations the tools to effect change in the way their businesses operate. Our aim is for staff and management to feel equally valued and find common ground so that they can share their vision and help build an atmosphere of positivity and inclusivity. We hope to work towards a systemic change across the board, bridging the huge gap between corporate and community, taking ego and power out of the equation and moving towards a fairer and more diverse society.
BUD seeks an experienced and resourceful Programmes Lead & Facilitator to join our Programmes Department.
At BUD, we use a variety of outside the box approaches to deliver our work. Some of the methods we use include training programmes and workshops, consultancy, coaching and events. Below is a list of some of our projects and programmes:
- Happier Healthier Workplaces in West Norwood and Tulse Hill
- Community Leadership in Lambeth and Southwark
- Social Enterprise Development Consultancy
- BLOC- BUD Leaders Online Community
- BUD HUB’s
- Lead Positive Change 8 week start up Programme
- ROC Inclusive Leadership Programme
- Train the Trainer Facilitation Programmes
The BUD Programmes Lead & Facilitator will manage and oversee all our programmes, supporting with the development, delivery and facilitation of these programmes. They will also have the responsibility of managing project leads/facilitators, client relationships and establishing new partnerships.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organisation. They will be ambitious, self-motivated, and highly organised individual, capable of leading the implementation of our ground-breaking programmes.
The ideal candidate will have both strong project management skills and experience in facilitation. This role will take the lead on scaling the impact of our programmes, reporting directly to BUD’s CEO, and managing project leads/facilitators.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, fast-paced team, and so aspects of the job description may change as the programmes evolve. The following list of duties is not exhaustive, and colleagues will need to support one another from time to time.
Programmes Management 40%:
- Managing the delivery of a portfolio of programmes.
- Task allocation to delivery team.
- Managing Project Leads. Assisting with onboarding, coordinating and motivating project team.
- Defining a project’s scope and goals.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines.
- Creating and implementing programme trackers.
- Managing programme budgets and expenses.
- Quality assurance.
- Carrying out risk assessment.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement and development of our programmes by taking the responsibility of revamping current programmes and developing and designing new ones.
- Work closely with the programmes team and CEO. Providing weekly updates, brainstorming, and troubleshooting.
- Review and where necessary adjust BUD’s existing systems and processes for online and in person programmes, covering session delivery, safeguarding controls, and feedback/impact evaluation.
- Work with HR and the Programmes Team to recruit and train qualified facilitators where necessary.
- Promote our offerings and services to potential clients within our target profile.
- Support with fundraising by creating regular reports, setting KPI’s and monitoring progress against KPI’s.
- Prepare and provide quarterly reports on the status of your portfolio and activities in line with KPIs and targets set.
- As necessary support BUD’s Fundraising by providing input to any fundraising efforts that relate to the programmes you lead.
- Measure the impact of business and client actions across all programmes, using both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Build impact stories throughout the year to inspire other businesses/clients and to support funder reporting and marketing and communications initiatives.
- Work on various projects as assigned by the leadership team and your line manager.
- Ensure the CRM system and all files pertaining to your portfolio of businesses and clients are kept up-to-date and are accurate.
- Supporting with the facilitation of programmes.
- Preparing programme content, utilising the latest pedagogical thinking to ensure a high quality, empowering, and resourceful learning experience for all clients.
- Scoping, designing and facilitating small and large scale programmes and workshops using a variety of methodologies and delivery mechanisms (in-person, virtual, hybrid).
- Leading conversations with senior client stakeholders across a range of industries, helping them to identify and better understand their key issues and challenges.
- Perceiving which requirements are amenable to facilitation.
- Collaborating with internal and external experts in the facilitation of learning.
- Managing group dynamics to foster a safe and accepting environment in group settings
- Foster a dynamic and constructive environment that encourages every participant to share their voice.
- Ensure compliance with our company policies (including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security) so customers and colleagues are protected at all times.
- Observe and adhere to our delivery standards so that all customers are provided with the same high standard of service that maximises their chances of continued work with us.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the different programmes and services we offer, with a excellent understanding of how to use our resources to support the facilitation of programmes.
Relationship Management 20%:
- Managing day to day programme partner relationships.
- Engage business and client personnel in the BUD’s programmes and in development opportunities.
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to clients and provide them with the resources and support needed to implement BUD’s training in their workplaces.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the resources and services we offer that sit within your portfolio and cliental needs.
- Offer programmes which will provide clients with the skills, knowledge and inspiration they need and that is required to positively impact their organisations.
- Discuss business needs and work with the wider BUD team to craft relevant solutions for those whom you are responsible for.
- Identify engagement opportunities for partner initiatives within your portfolio.
- Support in the planning and execution of BUD events, as it relates to your daily responsibilities and your assigned role.
- Design and execute an annual communication strategy for businesses and clients in your portfolio, including email, phone and video calls, as well as in-person meetings where possible.
- Attend and contribute to the planning and organisation of BUD conferences, events and speaking engagements, as they pertain to your portfolio.
- Demonstrate flexibility to travel to attend special events and meetings.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent project management skills, with successful experience of implementing complex projects.
- Experience delivering training/workshops that ideally are around leadership, inclusivity, wellbeing and empowerment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent IT/technology skills, confident to quickly learn about new tools/platforms.
- Strong relationship management skills, confident engaging with a variety of clients.
- 3-5 years of professional experience and a strong background in relationship management
- Highly self-motivated, a problem solver, solution focused and a strategic thinker.
- Sales-oriented mindset, motivated by goals and experience meeting and surpassing targets.
- Customer-focused nature.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Dependable and able to follow instructions, as well as take responsibility for individual actions and to honour commitments.
- Proficient use of MS Office programmes.
- Willingness to travel periodically for work (within the UK and internationally)
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience designing programme content, including relevant adult safeguarding controls.
- Experience producing high-quality promotional material aimed at businesses and the wider community.
- Experience with advanced/admin usage of Zoom and/or other online video-conferencing tools.
- Understanding of impact evaluation best practices and approaches in the business sector.
- Understanding of the business environment.
- Understanding of active citizenship, civic engagement and a passion for social justice issues.
- Experience in using and updating management databases (e.g., ClickUP).
- Be Prince2 qualified or equivalent.
BUD is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances.
- Holiday: 20 days per year, plus public holidays
- Flexible working: Weekly office days at our London office, client meetings and delivery when required also.
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off!
- BUD supports flexible working and there will also be the potential for growth within this role and within this growing organisation as a whole.
At BUD, we seek to be authentic by practicing what we deliver as an organisation. Therefore, collective intelligence is sought, sharing ideas and decisions across the team through weekly team meetings and regular learning opportunities are made available depending on desires. We collectively consider our broader strategy, examine and share learning across our projects, and explore how we might develop our work and our existing offering to clients.
We believe in paying our team fairly and are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We aim to create an inclusive working environment in which all individuals are able to make the best use of their skills and are enabled to thrive.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and circumstances and are happy to discuss individual working requirements.
Closing date is Friday 29th April 2022, with a view to start immediately.
Apply below with your CV and one page cover letter.