Position: Marketing & Communications Lead
Reporting to: CEO
Location: London (Hybrid Working– 2 days in office/2 days remote working)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,000 – £33,000 PA (based on experience)
Working Hours: 4 days per week, Monday-Thursday 30 hours per week
BUD (Businesses Under Development Limited) is a social enterprise based in London working nationally. We are a vibrant, fast-paced, collaborative and agile team who provide training, facilitation, workshops, consultancy and coaching around Leadership. Our mission is to support leaders for positive change in business and community; disrupting the landscape of leadership to build a fairer society.
We as an organisation hope to initiate a shift in the landscape of corporate leadership and responsibility. Our workshops and programmes are designed to give leaders in all areas of the workforce and community/grassroots organizations the tools to effect change in the way their businesses operate. Our aim is for staff and management to feel equally valued and find common ground so that they can share their vision and help build an atmosphere of positivity and inclusivity. We hope to work towards a systemic change across the board, bridging the huge gap between corporate and community, taking ego and power out of the equation and moving towards a fairer and more diverse society.
BUD seeks an experienced and resourceful Marketing & Communications Lead to join our Comms Department.
At BUD, we use a variety of outside the box approaches to deliver our work. Some of the methods we use include training programmes and workshops, consultancy, coaching and events.
Marketing plays a vital role in helping BUD to delivery its aim of building a fairer and more inclusive society. Reporting to the CEO, the role will be responsible for all communications and campaigns within the organisation, as well as creating engaging and relevant content to ensure BUD grows its reach and engagement across digital channels and its network. One of the key priorities will be to ensure that BUD has a clear, coherent, and relevant communications strategy to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, creative and organised Marketing and Communications Executive who can manage multiple work streams in an ever changing and evolving environment. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience a similar role and will bring forth an abundance of ideas, techniques, and methods with them. You will be someone who can help us achieve BUD’s strategic vision and goals, has creative flair, takes pride in their work, and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be the face of BUD in multiple channels.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, fast-paced team, so aspects of the job description may change as the organisation evolves.
- Manage our brand including our CEO to ensure that the integrity is maintained and promoted at all times, to increase our brand awareness across multiple platforms
- Act as spokesperson and ambassador for the organisation
- A desire and (ideally lived) experience to speak to the topics we cover, to build a more inclusive fairer society
- Actively engage with our audiences through social media, and create monthly social media reports
- Ensure the organisation engages with a diverse audience; ensuring all target audiences are communicated with regularly, positively and consistently, as well as measuring impact and effectiveness
- Ensure the organisation is delivering consistent newsletters, PR and engagement across its channels.
- Keeping up to date with current news on topics we cover and making relevant adjustments in the work we do
- Develop and deliver corporate communications strategy to build the organisation’s brand and reputation, including writing and editing effective copy
- Develop and deliver a storytelling strategy, within the communications strategy, using media such as videography,
blogs, podcasts and social media posts
- Develop and deliver stakeholder engagement strategy to maximise relationships with clients, investors, partners, and intermediaries
- Sourcing guests for podcasts and interviews, as well as creating questions for interviews
- Provide a new structure and framework in terms of branding and marketing, from which your team can develop marketing activity to support the organisation’s activities, including market research, sales collateral and advertising
- Monitor, measure and report the effectiveness of all marketing/communications activity
- Manage team of junior comms/graphic designers and interns
- Manage the marketing budget and deliver effective campaigns with a ROI
- Oversee the management and implementation of processes for the organisation’s CRM system using HubSpot to implement the Marketing strategy
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Two years’ experience in a similar role BSc in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant
field Experience of developing and running B2B and B2C campaigns
- Successful experience with marketing campaigns on social media, specifically LinkedIn and Facebook
- Two years’ experience of using digital platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress
- Proficiency and knowledge in MS Office, SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, to include copywriting and proofreading skills
- Possess strong leadership skills and presence when representing BUD internally and externally
- Experience of dealing with the media
- Demonstrated ability in managing and motivating a multidisciplinary team including employees and freelancers
- Understanding of importance and potential of CRM systems and databases
- Understanding of using insights to shape strategic and operational plans
- Understanding of brand protection and growing value in a brand
- Experience of sponsorship and licensing
- Able to work strategically without close supervision whilst being a key and supportive member of the Senior Management Team
- Able to manage a heavy work programme, work to set priorities and achieve against targets
- An analytical, numerate, and disciplined thinker who can think complex issues through and produce commercially sound judgments
- A committed and loyal individual, prepared to work the necessary hours to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of information technology and computer systems
BUD is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances.
- Flexible working: 2 days per week in office at our London office, client meetings and delivery when required also. Remainder of the week will be remote working.
- Four Day Working Week – We have adopted a 4 day working week so Fridays off!
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off!
At BUD, we seek to be authentic by practicing what we deliver as an organisation. Therefore, collective intelligence is sought, sharing ideas and decisions across the team through weekly team meetings and regular learning opportunities are made available depending on desires. We collectively consider our broader strategy, examine and share learning across our projects, and explore how we might develop our work and our existing offering to clients. We believe in paying our team fairly and are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We aim to create an inclusive working environment in which all individuals are able to make the best use of their skills and are enabled to thrive.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and circumstances and are happy to discuss individual working requirements.
QnA sessions will be held on request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Friday 22nd July 2022, with a view to start on 10th August.
Submit your CV and one page cover letter below.