Contract Type: Permanent, 30 hours per week (4 days)
Location: London SE1 (Hybrid)
Salary: £35,000 – 42,000 PA
Working Hours: 4 days per week, Monday-Thursday 30 hours per week
BUD seeks an experienced, talented, creative and organised individual who has a depth and breadth of skills in branding, marketing, communications, and client/partner engagement strategy.
The Director of Engagement will lead our efforts to build and strengthen relationships with our stakeholders and oversee the marketing and communications function. It will report directly to BUD’s CEO and will work with the COO, Business Development and Design to develop and implement strategies that drive engagement, deepen relationships and increase the impact of our organisation, ensuring our strategy reflects our mission, vision, culture and objectives.
Our mission at BUD is to equip, enable and empower 10,000 leaders for positive change. Our vision is to disrupt the landscape of leadership in order to build a bridge between grassroots and corporate organisations, to create a fairer society for race and gender.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience a similar role and will bring forth an abundance of ideas, techniques, and methods with them. You will be someone who can help us achieve BUD’s strategic vision and goals, have creative flair, takes pride in their work, and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be highly competent in copywriting and proofreading and have the ability to engage diverse audiences, building on our strong reputation and further increasing our social impact.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core values of BUD:
- Listen means to Understand
- Always give more than expected
- No person is better, only different
- Be passionate
- Have fun!
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer engagement, marketing or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as business, marketing, or communication. Alternatively…
- A demonstrated track record of building and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Experience developing and executing engagement strategies.
- Experience of developing and running B2B and B2C campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, to include copywriting and proofreading skills
- Possess strong leadership skills and presence when representing BUD internally and externally
- Experience of dealing with the media (PR)
- Demonstrated ability in managing and motivating a multidisciplinary team including employees and freelancers
- Understanding of brand protection and growing value in a brand
- Working knowledge of information technology and computer systems
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, fast-paced team, so aspects of the job description may change as the programmes evolve.
- Developing and delivering strategies for branding, marketing and client engagement
- Budget Management
- Team Management
- Impact Reporting
- Overseeing all Comms and Marketing
- Hybrid working: 1 day per week in office + willingness to travel for client meetings/events (subject to change so flexibility needed)
- Four day working week – Fridays off!
- Generous holiday allowance: 23 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays, Birthday and Christmas Shutdown)
- Long term employee benefits (additional leave per year of employment)
- Wellbeing Programme (including 2 paid ‘wellbeing days’)
- Workplace pension scheme
Read the full Job pack for Director of Engagement here
BUD is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances.
Apply below or submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter, along with any examples of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note that if you receive an error message when you submit your application, this is a technical error and we will still receive your application)
Deadline for applications: 22nd May 2023. Please note the vacancy may be closed earlier than this date if there is a high number of applications.