Contract Type: Permanent, 30 hours per week (4 days)
Location: London SE1 (Hybrid)
Salary: £25,000 PA
Working Hours: 4 days per week, Monday-Thursday 30 hours per week
BUD seeks an engaged, socially aware, community-focussed administrator with strong communication skills and digital savvy to act as our Community Connector.
Your role will be to support the Portfolio Manager and Project Leads in building out and increasing engagement with our community projects and within our BLOC platform. You will be passionate about our organisation and its values (inclusivity, giving more, valuing differences, transparency and openness, being passionate and having fun!) as well as a passion for connecting people and building collaborative online and offline communities.
Our mission at BUD is to equip, enable and empower 10,000 leaders for positive change.
Our vision is to disrupt the landscape of leadership in order to build a bridge between grassroots and corporate organisations, to create equity for global majority women in leadership.
The ideal candidate will be a very strong communicator, verbally and written, with good copywriting and administrative skills and preferably some experience of digital marketing. They will have a passion for storytelling, connecting people and increasing engagement with our networking and skill sharing platform in order to build social cohesion and connection, with a focus on empowering global majority female leaders.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core values of BUD:
- Listen means to Understand
- Always give more than expected
- No person is better, only different
- Be passionate
- Have fun!
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Experience or strong understanding of the social enterprise sector.
- Excellent social awareness and enthusiasm for building social impact.
- Experience of creating, formatting and writing advertising material such as flyers and newsletters using online tools such as Canva.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing online meetings/events or webinars.
- Highly proficient in information technology and computer systems, particularly Office 365 including Word and Excel.
- Conscientious working style with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in data analysis from social media and web platforms.
- Experience in designing infographics
- Experience in digital marketing/social media.
- Experienced in building and maintaining online platforms.
- Experience of hosting/facilitating workshops and events.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, fast-paced team, so aspects of the job description may change as the organisation evolves.
- Being a BUD ambassador – promoting our offerings and services to potential clients within our target profile.
- Support with various community-based projects via our skill sharing platform (BLOC), corporate/community connection projects and events, building our ‘tribes’ and enabling connection between each other and our corporate partners.
- Building impact stories throughout the year to inspire other businesses/clients and to support funder reporting and marketing and communications initiatives.
- Summarising data using google analytics and creating monthly reports
- Working closely with other Project Leads, the Portfolio manager and COO. Providing weekly updates, brainstorming, and troubleshooting.
- Reporting on/evaluating these ongoing projects. Gathering data on members and engagement on BLOC
- Onboarding new members to the BLOC platform and brokering online introductions with existing members
- Creating content on Canva to add to the sub-home pages
- Working with the portfolio manager to help improve the platform
- Arranging events and supporting with facilitation where needed, including weekly welcome sessions, quarterly in person networking events, webinars and monthly masterclasses.
- Co-ordinating the admin around events to include emailing attendees before and after the event, monitoring sign ups and liaising with the guest facilitator.
- Developing relationships with BLOC members (online and offline) and connecting BLOC members to support each other.
- Representing BLOC via the online platform and at events.
- Storytelling, social media contributions and gathering stories and content for the monthly newsletter.
- Increasing engagement/members.
- Ensuring compliance with our company policies (including Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security) so customers and colleagues are protected at all times.
- Observing and adhering to our standards so that all customers are provided with the same excellent standard of service.
- Other administrative support as necessary.
- Hybrid working: Minimum 1 day per week in office + willingness to travel for client meetings/events (subject to change so flexibility needed)
- Four day working week – Fridays off! #4dayworkingweek
- Generous holiday allowance: 23 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays, Birthday and Christmas Shutdown)
- Long term employee benefits (additional leave per year of employment)
- Wellbeing Programme (including 2 paid ‘wellbeing days’ per year)
- Workplace pension scheme
BUD is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances.
Apply below or submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 24th August 2023. Please note the vacancy may be closed earlier than this date if there is a high number of applications.