Contract Type: Permanent, 30 hours per week (4 days)
Location: London SE1 (Hybrid)
Salary: £37,000 – 45,000 PA (depending on experience)
Working Hours: 4 days per week, Monday-Thursday 30 hours per week
BUD seeks an experienced, dynamic, and organised individual who has strong leadership capabilities and excellent problem-solving skills, to oversee the day-to-day operations of our growing social enterprise.
The BUD COO will facilitate collaborative leadership and implement the organisation’s vision to ensure BUD Leaders meets its short-term and long-term objectives. They will help create effective systems, tools and policies in line with BUD’s mission and values, to strengthen operational efficiency, generate revenue, and grow BUD’s social impact.
Our mission at BUD is to equip, enable and empower 10,000 leaders for positive change.
Our vision is to disrupt the landscape of leadership in order to build a bridge between grassroots and corporate organisations, to create equity for global majority women in leadership.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience a similar role and have a track record of translating ideas into tangible outcomes. You will be someone who can help us achieve BUD’s strategic vision and goals, have a solution focussed mindset, takes pride in their work, and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be highly competent with technology, particularly Microsoft 365, have a firm understanding of Inclusive Leadership, and a purpose driven outlook.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core values of BUD:
- Listen means to Understand
- Always give more than expected
- No person is better, only different
- Be passionate
- Have fun!
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Operational Lead role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully leading a minimum of 2 team members.
- Experience or strong understanding of how businesses operate to be successful.
- Experience of implementing and monitoring new systems and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing and motivating junior and senior team members.
- Good understanding of the business environment, and ability to manage the day-to-day running of a small business.
- Experience of measuring KPIs and ensuring that key business objectives are met.
- Excellent working knowledge of information technology and computer systems.
- Experience overseeing financial budgets and forecasting.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Understanding of ESG/CSR targets and strategies.
- Experience with Business Development.
- Experience in Finance Management or Bookkeeping.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, fast-paced team, so aspects of the job description may change as the organisation evolves.
- Day-to-day operation of the business across all departments.
- Working with the leadership team to ensure that all business KPIs/objectives are met.
- Line managing the Director of Programmes/Delivery, Director of Marketing & Communications, and Senior Administrator.
- Building and implementing an effective internal control framework.
- Assessing and enhancing the efficiency of all operational processes and procedures for optimal efficiency.
- Evaluating BUD’s impact and performance and recommending strategies to for continuous improvement across all departments.
- Collaborating with management and other stakeholders to plan and implement various strategies for growth.
- Working together with key stakeholders and project/department leads to compile and manage organisational budgets.
- Implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Preparing timely financial reports, in line with BUD’s reporting framework.
- Leading and motivating the BUD team to achieve organisational objectives.
- Collaboratively establishing policies that improve and promote BUD’s vision and culture.
- Leading and managing team members to maximise their efficiency and growth within their roles, ensuring that they have the tools and skills they need to perform their roles effectively and planning any skills development in conjunction with HR/L&D.
- Actively and intentionally mentoring the BUD team by embodying BUD’s mission and values.
- Hybrid working: Minimum 1-2 days per week in office + willingness to travel for client meetings/events (subject to change so flexibility needed)
- Four day working week – Fridays off! #4dayworkingweek
- Generous holiday allowance: 23 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays, Birthday and Christmas Shutdown)
- Long term employee benefits (additional leave per year of employment)
- Wellbeing Programme (including 2 paid ‘wellbeing days’ per year)
- Workplace pension scheme
The full job pack can be downloaded here: COO – Job Pack
BUD is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances.
Apply below or submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 13th August 2023. Please note the vacancy may be closed earlier than this date if there is a high number of applications.