Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time (4 days)
Location: London SE1 (Hybrid)
Salary: £22,620 PA (equiv £28,275 FTE)
Working Hours: 4 days per week, Monday-Thursday 30 hours per week (Part time may also be considered)
BUD seeks an experienced administrator with strong communication skills and digital savvy to act as our Administrative Officer.
Your role will be to offer administrative support to various departments within BUD. This will include general administrative support to the team, including Operations, Finance, Projects and Events. You will be passionate about our organisation and its values (inclusivity, giving more, valuing differences, transparency and openness, being passionate and having fun!)
BUD is a social enterprise based in London and working nationally. We offer fun, unconventional programmes around Leadership, Growth and Systems Change.
Our mission is to disrupt the landscape of leadership by building a bridge between corporates and communities, to create equity for race and gender. We are very purpose driven, working towards implementing our Theory of Change.
The ideal candidate will be a very strong communicator, verbally and written, with good copywriting and administrative skills and excellent digital/IT skills. They will have a strong work ethic and attention to detail, with the ability to manage a variety of tasks in a timely and efficient manner. An ability to work autonomously is essential, as is a growth mindset (seeking feedback and opportunities for improvement at every turn).
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core values of BUD:
- Listen means to Understand
- Always give more than expected
- No person is better, only different
- Be passionate
- Have fun!
- Proven experience in Administration
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask/juggle lots of different projects at once
- Attention to detail/accuracy with data input and note taking
- Fast typing speed
- Experience with office software (specifically Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to adapt to new processes and systems quickly
- Confidence; Ability to ask questions and liaise with various internal contacts to get the tasks completed effectively
- Self-motivated and able to work from own initiative
- Experience with software such as Zoom, CRM i.e., HubSpot, Project Management Software i.e. Click Up, Miro, Microsoft Teams, Canva
- Experience in Event Planning/coordination
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and/or Policies
- Experience in Project Management
- Good awareness of social issues/experience of working with social enterprises
- Experience of Finance ie. invoicing, budgeting
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, fast-paced team, so aspects of the job description may change as the organisation evolves.
Supporting the Senior Admin/HR Lead with regular tasks including but not limited to:
- Updating the attendance register
- Updating the monthly staff rota
- Updating the Asset Register
- Maintaining staff training records
- L&D/HR reporting
- Uploading invoices and adding contacts to Xero
- Booking and setting up meeting rooms
- Creating meeting agendas and taking minutes
- Managing printing and stationary
- Monitoring the enquiries and admin email addresses
Supporting the Project Leads with tasks including but not limited to:
- Setting up folders/channels/project management spreadsheets
- Setting up meetings, sending invites
- Preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes
- Conducting research for projects
- Filling in freelancer job sheets and drafting client contracts
- Adding resources/contacts on the BUD Service Provider Directory
Supporting the internal teams with coordinating events, including but not limited to:
- Putting dates in diaries for upcoming events, project related and internal
- Ordering materials
- Arranging catering and venue hire
- Managing the attendee list
- Attending events and assisting with setup/hosting
- Arranging planning meetings, including agendas and notetaking
- Hybrid working: Minimum 1 day per week in office + willingness to travel for client meetings/events (subject to change so flexibility needed)
- Four day working week – Fridays off! #4dayworkingweek
- Generous holiday allowance: 23 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays, Birthday and Christmas Shutdown)
- Long term employee benefits (additional leave per year of employment)
- Wellbeing Programme (including 2 paid ‘wellbeing days’ per year)
- Workplace pension scheme
BUD is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances.
Apply below or submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 29th October 2023. Please note the vacancy may be closed earlier than this date if there is a high number of applications.